A cornerstone program of AgrIInstitute is the Indiana Agricultural Leadership Program (ALP). Representing a diverse network of leaders throughout the state and across the country, selected class members participate in a dynamic, two-year program of high-caliber leadership curriculum to improve leadership skills, gain understanding and develop the expertise needed to provide leadership in public affairs for their businesses and communities.
ALP creates a cohort of self-assured, highly motivated, professionals who possess the leadership capacity to serve Indiana agriculture and rural communities in public affairs at the local, state, national and international levels.
- 12 seminars and 2 travel opportunities to develop effective leadership skills and analyze public issues from various perspectives
- In-depth review of all aspects of social, economic, political and cultural issues
- Group and individual projects that reinforce learning and have direct applications
- Travel study seminars, 1 week in Washington D.C. and approximately 2 weeks of international study
- Learn from experts and opinion leaders from business, industry, and academia
Tuition fee of $6,000
An investment of approximately $15,000 is made in each ALP participant. All group travel, meals, lodging, and program materials are included in the tuition fee. The fee is paid in four installments. Transportation costs for in-state seminars and to points of departure for the travel study seminars are the responsibility of the participants. There will be small incidental expenses the participant will be responsible for paying.
Criteria for Application:
- Committed to bettering the agricultural industry and rural communities
- U.S. citizen and Indiana resident at time of application
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and potential capability as evidenced by community, political or organizational activities
- References demonstrating highest quality character and reputation
- Ability to meaningfully contribute to seminar sessions and perform outside assignments as required
Applicants are evaluated by an independent selection committee representing a cross section of ALP graduates, donors and supporters.
- Desire to participate
- Understanding of industry trends and issues
- Ability and interest to serve in leadership roles beyond self-interest and narrow perspectives
Full consideration will be given to all applicants, regardless of age, gender, race or occupation. Every effort will be made to select a class, based on the applicant pool, which is representative of the entire agricultural industry, its diversity and rural community interests. Applicants selected from the initial review will be invited to participate in a personal interview. And from this, the selection committee will make its final recommendations.
Candidate Expectations / Application:
- Mandatory attendance
- Employer approval / commitment form (for applicants not self-employed)
- Fully completed application
- Two business references
- Two personal references
- Spouse commitment form (if applicable)
Are you committed to developing your leadership capacities for more effective service to the agricultural industry or rural community? Do you want to help shape public policies of the future? If you have the commitment, the enthusiasm, the knowledge, and the desire, you may be a candidate for this leadership development opportunity.
Review the Application Checklist
Save and print all application components as PDF
Email to email@example.com
OR mail to AgrIInstitute, PO Box 249, Danville, Indiana 46122
Or deliver (i.e. UPS/Fed Ex) to 72.5 W. Main Street, Danville, IN 46122
Each class will be limited to 30 participants.